Parent Involvement Plans
Mt. Judea Parent Involvement Summary
Parent Involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities.
- will provide programs, activities, and procedures for the involvement of parents and welcomes parents to help plan, offer ideas, and help make decisions about parental involvement activities.
- requires school-parent compacts and wants parents to be a partner in their child's education.
- will strive to provide information and school reports in the parent's preferred language.
- is committed to inviting parents to participate.
- encourages parents to communicate their satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the Parent Involvement plan by responding to surveys, contacting coordinator through phone, email, and/or person
Rainey Yeager, Parent Involvement Coordinator
Deer Parent Involvement Summary
The faculty of Deer School believes that Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities. This includes ensuring that parents play an integral role in assisting their children’s learning. We encourage parents or caretakers to become actively involved in their child’s education and we believe they are full partners and when appropriate should become involved in the decision making and a part of any advisory committee’s to work together. We accept the challenge of creating different opportunities strategically scheduled to allow the most parental participation. Two parent facilitators work together and then separate with their school representatives (parents and staff)in planning school activities and new ideas to improve from past years program. Parent Involvement surveys are given at the beginning of the year for the purpose of gathering new ideas. A program evaluation follows in the Spring to allow the parent involvement facilitators to reflect and make changes.
Joei Phillips, Parent Involvement Coordinator
- Deer/Mt. Judea District Parent & Family Engagement Policy 2017-2018 <insert doc here>
- Deer K-12 Parent & Family Engagement Plan 2017-18 <insert doc here>
- Mt. Judea K-12 School Parent & Family Engagement Plan 2017-18 <insert doc here>